A nice canned salmon recipe to try !
CANNED SALMON INGREDIENTS
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) or 2 cans (7.5 oz. each) traditional pack Alaska salmon OR 2 cans or pouches (6 to 7.1 oz. each) skinless, boneless salmon, drained and chunked
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 to 4 English muffins, split
CANNED SALMON INSTRUCTIONS
Spread: Mix canned salmon with mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, seasoned salt, and celery seed. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
Sandwich: Set oven to broil. Lightly toast cut side of muffins on baking sheet about 5 inches from heat. Spoon 1/4 cup salmon mixture (for 8 servings) or 1/3 cup (for 6 servings) onto each toasted muffin half. Top with remaining cheese. Broil 3 to 4 minutes until cheese melts and is lightly browned.
Variations: Substitute shredded pepper-jack OR Swiss cheese for Cheddar. The canned salmon recipe is ready to serve and makes 6 to 8 servings...enjoy it !